Friday, November 14, 2008

Thing #5 Explore Flickr


I'm baaaack!


This is the Sallyport in the center of the main building (Lovett) on the quad of Rice University in Houston, Tx. Students at Rice "walk the sallyport" twice, once on the way into the quad as entering students, and again, going out, as graduates. It's a lovely tradition, one I hope to witness twice: first when the youngest receives his BA and then two years later when he receives his BArch. I will cry both times.

About Flickr: very neat; being a visual person, I could spend hours looking at photos. And then be irritated about the loss of time. Like facebook, I can see the benefits of the networking and sharing. We had problems with trying to use an image from Flickr - perhaps privacy settings, to protect copyright? Other photos might have worked. I ended up using a GoogleImage search and attaching it.

1 comment:

Mad Strawberry Grrlll! said...

What a lovely portal! I really like the campus - great architecture. (Hmm... now why would there be a school of architecture here I wonder...?)