Monday, November 24, 2008

Thing #19 the Web 2.0 Award goes tooo ....

nobody.  Well, maybe somebody.

I checked out most of the first place winners for 2008 from the short list.  I find it noteworthy that Del.icio.us won in two categories, since it was one of the of the "things" that I liked the most so far in this 23 things trek.  I looked at Craigslist first since I'd heard so much about it for so long now, but if you're not in a major market (which Hagerstown is not) then it isn't terribly useful.  Unless you want to buy something and are willing to go fetch or ship.  I suppose if you are wanting to relocate it would be good for finding an apartment and maybe even a job.

The music one, Last (www.last.fm/) was pretty cool; I could see using it to find music to give as gifts, like a reader's advisory for music.

Backpack would be very useful for those who do not have helpful computer dudes or dudettes to build intranets for them.

Color me blue: ColorBlender never did load.  Zimdesk is unavailable because they're building V.2; why V.1 is down in the meantime?  The rationale is a cosmic mystery.

Mostly, I yawned.  My attention strayed.  I didn't care.  Perhaps if I had a specific task I needed one of these tools for ... but then I didn't find the fun stuff much fun either.

Sorry.

No comments: